We're looking for an Interior Design Assistant to join our award winning design firm.
About Studio 38 Designs
Studio 38 Designs is an award-winning kitchen and bath design center and showroom located in South Silicon Valley, in downtown Morgan Hill, serving the Santa Clara County. Voted 2021 Best Interior Design by Morgan Hill Times voters.
About this Role
We are looking for a motivated and highly organized individual to act as our Interior Design Assistant. The ideal candidate will work with our design team in creating floor plans, tracking the details and delivering excellent client care. The Interior Design Assistant plays an integral role in supporting key phases of a design project in collaboration and partnership with the Studio 38 Designs team.
Interior Design Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support with all phases of the design process, including: consultations, site visits, design development, presentations and delivery.
- Works both independently and collaboratively with the design team to develop creative interior space solutions to meet customer needs.
- Produce 3D renderings that effectively and creatively communicate design ideas.
- Assist with the creation of client material boards.
- Source and order client materials.
- Assist in the preparation of project files, correspondence, drawings, etc.
- Take notes at client meetings.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 0-2 years of Interior Design experience
- Degree in Interior Design or related field preferred
- Working knowledge of Home Designer/Lumion
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite
- Ability to learn new software
- Ability to multitask; meet deadlines and is eager to grow with the company
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized
- Confident, Efficient and collaborative
- Must have a driver’s license and ability to get to job sites, vendor showrooms or other meetings
- Medical insurance, including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Full time position - Monday through Friday, some Saturdays