We're looking for a Senior Interior Designer to join our award winning design firm.
About Studio 38 Designs
Studio 38 Designs is an award-winning kitchen and bath design center and showroom located in South Silicon Valley, in downtown Morgan Hill, serving the Santa Clara County. Voted 2021 Best Interior Design by Morgan Hill Times voters.
About this Role
The Senior Interior Designer will be responsible for producing high quality design projects while supporting company initiatives. The ideal candidate will be able to balance multiple project commitments and deadlines. The candidate is also comfortable working both independently and within teams, and is a confident collaborator both within the office and with our clients, partners and other external teams.
The ideal candidate is organized, personable, intelligent, logical, articulate, service oriented, cares deeply about the best possible results and is hard-working and self-motivated. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a keen eye for detail needed to thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment and likes to have fun at work!
Senior Interior Designer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and work independently on several design projects of various sizes and complexities at one time.
- Manage projects that range from kitchens and bathrooms (and other interior spaces) to whole house remodels and additions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of project and client requirements.
- Manage client expectations throughout the life of the project.
- Manage budget and schedule for owned projects.
- Develop presentations from templates that include 3D computer models, drawings, and selection palettes.
- Present to clients from concept through completion, including design, budget, and schedules.
- Conduct site measurements and documentation to build base plans for drawing set.
- Coordinate clients, contractors, consultants and design team.
- Guide and mentor junior designers.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs such as assisting in developing process improvements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4 - 6 years of professional experience in Interior Design, residential projects preferred.
- Degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Working knowledge of Chief Architect
- Creative designer with strong space-planning skills.
- Strong understanding of the Design/Build process preferred.
- Knowledge of finishes, materials, color selections and specifications.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership and relationship-management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or G-Suite.
- Ability to multi-task; meet deadlines and is eager to grow with the company.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Confident, efficient and collaborative.
- Must have a driver’s license and ability to get to job sites, vendor showrooms or other meetings.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off: Vacation, sick leave, paid holidays
- The Senior Interior Designer Position pays $80,000 - $95,000 per year
- Full time position - Monday through Friday